Wednesday, March 19, 2008

it's all good.

we're not worried, yet.

we're looking at this as the potential for a little much needed vacay.

he's got prospects...and an interview tomorrow.

if things don't go well tomorrow we might start crying blood...but as of right now:

the dog's chewing a bone.
he's painting the bathroom.
I'm bloated.
and the only thing we're really concerned about is that its been too wet to ride.



in other news:

we climbed the other day. I wore a heart rate monitor. conservative guidelines state a maximum first trimester heart rate of 140.

the athletes disagree. they say that 165 is fine for women who are conditioned and accustomed to heavy exercise.

since I fall somewhere in between lazy ass american and marathon running psycho...I was giving myself 160.

woops.

halfway up each climb I was approaching 175.

NIGGA WHAT?????

my resting heart rate went from about 65 to 85+.
belaying clocked me in at 112.
standing around looking dumb after a climb was about 130.

they say your heart rate increases in the first trimester...but oh.my.holy.god.

I walked up two flights of steps today and thought i was going to implode. no WONDER I feel light headed...

my heart is going to burst every time I scratch my ass. and my perceived level of exertion has ZERO to do with my actual heart rate. looks like I'll be sporting a monitor every time I wanna touch a bike, a rope or hike the dogs.

soooo...I got off the pumpy over-hung climbs and stuck to easy slabby jobs.

not much change. my heart rate was the same on 7's, 8's, 9's and...

wellll, I didn't climb no 10's.

I'm lazy and chubby, already.

awesome.

No comments: