Tuesday, April 21, 2009

cold french fries

do you feed a hungry man on the street?

do you feed a hungry man on the street who doesn't quite ask, but moreso demands your leftovers?

do you feed a hungry man on the street who doesn't quite ask, but moreso demands your leftovers if he's with a large group of wanna be hippies with nothing better to do than taunt the police?

do you feed a hungry man on the street who doesn't quite ask, but moreso demands your leftovers if he's with a large group of wanna be hippies with nothing better to do than taunt the police and obviously has the money to get high and drunk?

do you feed a hungry man on the street who doesn't quite ask, but moreso demands your leftovers if he's with a large group of wanna be hippies with nothing better to do than taunt the police and obviously has the money to get high and drunk and has done so recently?

do you feed a hungry man on the street who doesn't quite ask, but moreso demands your leftovers if he's with a large group of wanna be hippies with nothing better to do than taunt the police and obviously has the money to get high and drunk and has done so recently who yells at your daughter and your friends?

do you feed a hungry man on the street who doesn't quite ask, but moreso demands your leftovers if he's with a large group of wanna be hippies taunting the police and obviously has the money to get high and drunk and has done so recently who yells at your daughter and your friends and then goes on to make rather loud assumptions about your political affiliation?

or do you promise to plaster him on the building front with your second hand volvo if he ever threatens your people, again?

I did neither...and I'm actually a bit disappointed in myself. first, I was a bit upset with myself for not just giving the d-bag the food. I mean...if a dood is hungry enough to (angrily) beg for our leftovers in front of his posse...he's prolly pretty hungry.

but something about him rubbed oqui the wrong way and he told the monkey not to give him the food. I didn't understand his motivation at the time, but I trust him so backed him up. three seconds later I felt guilty.

then I talked with the 'pah and the kid about it (separately, cause the convos had decidedly different tones) and got more and more angry every time I thought about it.

this motherfucker punked me. he threatened my family and called out my kid on the street and I didn't fucking stab him. never mind the initial guilt about ignoring a hungry man (oqui was right. he's the wrong kind of hippy)...now I'd like a redo so I can cut this bitch.

so now here I am...thinking I'm all sorts of tough, and I froze. I couldn't decide in the moment how I really felt about the situation and just...walked away.

turning the other cheek isn't exactly my forte and I kinda feel like a lil bitch for having let it happen.

if that particular mallrat sans mall happens to be in our path the next time we go to the Gunks (oh, yeah...we took the prof on his first climbing trip, btw. and besides the cold fry dood, it went FABULOUSLY)...I'm prolly gonna have to be bailed outta jail.

teh suki will not be made the bitch twice.

1 comment:

Oak said...

Yes, I agree with you about giving food to someone in need. A homeless man asking for food not money. Sure thing, here ya go!

Hanging out on the street, drunk and/or high with a bunch of neo-wanna-be-hippies and demanding unknown leftovers from an innocent 13 year old girl means you're not getting it.

Approach and attitude are in direct contradiction to your supposed beliefs. Trust me, I was a neo-hippy (still am?) and this guy had no peace or love in his interactions.

Then to persist with your verbal attacks? You gotta be kidding me.

Should we ever encounter this person again, he will rue the day he yelled at a 13 year old girl.

Dick.