Thursday, April 30, 2009

QoD

this was the question of the day yesterday, posed by my 13 year old daughter:

What would your ideal life be?

me: this one...with a little more money.

I think she might've been slightly disappointed that I didn't say something like astronaut or supermodel, and frankly, I'm a bit surprised that I didn't mention naps or brownie sundaes.

the moral of the story? I'm exhausted and drained...

but pretty much loving my life.



in other news:

-babies do NOT like having 26 electrodes attached to their scalps for brain wave monitoring. he cried so hard during the set up we started to think he'd never trust us again...then he smiled and fell asleep. regardless of what the neurologist says his EEG shows...at least we know he still loves us.

-got the jogging stroller (that we've been researching for weeks) and immediately realized he's a bit wobbly for it. ordered padding and strap covers rush delivery...only to realize the forecast calls for rain for the next 4 days. prolly coulda saved that extra coin for my brownie sundae in a few months.

-hurt my back. hurt my thumb worse. I've got ibuprofen and ace bandages...just glad to be climbing again.

-I don't love my dogs any more. not at all. somebody please take them. soon. thanks.

2 comments:

Oak said...

We should have more of these QoD's with the Monkey. BTW-anyone who reads these should know my answer was this one with more time.

-The EEG was interesting. After the exhaustive placement of all the electrodes he was alert and actually watching his brain waves on the screen. I wonder what he knows or was thinking.

-Injuries, I can administer more back therapy, and tape your hand...you'll just need to learn to relax the hand during taping.

-It's a good thing that I love the dogs. I was thinking that we need to take them somewhere larger to run around and play. They need activity.

-Speaking of activity, I'm glad climbing has re-entered our life. Now to get work-outs in, abs must be toned, arms tweaked and stamina increased.

Suki said...

did you just call me FAT?!?!?!