Tuesday, April 14, 2009

the gravity game

there was a time in my life when the term "gravity game" could have meant any number of things OTHER than "fetch, mommy, fetch!"

perhaps a 40 foot upside down, bash your shoulders against the rocks whipper? maybe a "discussion" with the ground just beyond an overly large log? perhaps even a reference to the difficulty with which one stays upright after one too many cosmos?

but these days, it definitely means that the Prof is figuring out physics...and his mother.

just for fun, I'm gonna wait until he's got this whole dropping thing thoroughly figured out...then tie a helium balloon to his ankle.

take that, brand new baby brain!

in other news, the holidays were mostly hilarious. my mother dredged up a lifetime of resentment and drama for which I was undeniably thankful. hearing my mother refer to her own mother as a self-serving, selfish, self-centered whore loving bitch who hates her own grandchildren and is now trying to steal my mothers...worked wonders for breaking up the monotony of oqui's mother's three day visit.

I kinda like the woman, but she WAS in my house, WAS breathing my air, WAS taking up my space and most definitely WAS blow drying her hair at 8 o'clock saturday morning. having ample reason to take a little solo walk to talk to my own crazy ass mother was refreshing.

this isn't a suprise, though. crazy usually is funny.

as usual, holidays or any other social eating is really annoying to me. I got to watch people actually put gravy on gramma's turkey from the crypt, while I had to choke (literally) it down dry. butter on the potatoes? no.

cake, cookies, rice krispie treats, danish, corn, milk, the delicious, fabulous wonder (cause I made it) fruit dip? no. no. no. no. no.

the food thing is starting to be a major point of contention in this house. I really don't know how much longer I can keep eating like this. I'm weak, tired and indescribably grumpy whenever I smell something yummy.

the prof is thriving, though. rashes gone. weight gaining. strong as an ox.

before I know it, he'll be dousing his own turkey in gravy and enjoying the fruit dip.

No comments: