Monday, May 18, 2009

helloooooooo! out there

I should really post more. I get the feeling noone is actually reading, but I told myself I'd chronicle the prof's days (at the very least) in my blog.

he's cool. he's really really cool.

he smiles and jibber jabbers and flirts and grabs things and laughs when he farts and all that good stuff.

recently he rediscovered his fingers and toes. they twirl, spin, clench, open, grab and apparently are really tasty.

it's wicked cute.

he's really big into his body right now. he twists and bends and curls and stretches. he's not doing anything too much like crawling but he's approximating a pretty good squirm.

so fast. growing so fast.

he still screams bloody murder and gets hysterical when I leave him with my grandmother and he happens upon hungry. oqui thinks I should try to work a little bit. I think oqui's nuts. not going to school in the fall...probably not going this summer, either.

hungry babies are sad babies. I don't want to leave my baby with someone else to get hungry.

speaking of hungry...can I just say amen, hallelujah and holy shit?

yes. holy shit.

I've stumbled upon digestive enzymes and the ability to eat almost anything in eensy weensy quantities.

chickpeas? yup.
chocolate? yup.
cheesestick? ok...that was pushing it and we had some puke and green poo over it...but I'm still feeling pretty spiffy about this morning's sunflower seed butter experiment.

I ate chinese food and my child didn't die.

woot.

we bailed out on the rendezvous. 20 hours of travel 4 nights in a tent and upwards of 40% chances of rain each day.

no thank you.

I got the report that there were other babies there and I felt like a total chickenshit. but...oh well. I'm a somewhat well-rested chickenshit who took a shower or two this weekend.

I don't reek of hippy and my kid is still on a somewhat normal sleep schedule.

win-win.

I'm feeling a wee lil bit inspired (oqui likes to call these days "AC" for after chocolate. it's trully the nectar of the gods). I've got a giant painting project. gonna snazz up some cheapy craigslist furniture and deck out a playroom...

then I'll finish my mother's day photo frames, resew the curtains I mismeasured and screwed royally, maybe (just maybe) clean out my craft cabinet and potentially make some...

pretty stuff.

I'm not getting too carried away here...just being optimistic.

so far I've "wasted" 72 minutes of precious nap painting time...eating, peeing, blogging and oqui'ing (I really do love that he comes home to see us for lunch every single day)...

must to focus.

must to create.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Hi Suki,

For what it's worth, I'm reading, but I know what you mean. Most of the time I get the same feeling about my blogs, and I've been told to just blog for myself. I only started a blog to tell others about stuff, so whatever.

Anyway, it's great to see this update. I'm happy that things are looking up for you (at least a bit!) and I think there's nothing wrong with you staying home and having a quiet weekend. I'm betting those others who camped with babies haven't been through quite as much as you have lately!

And FWIW (again) I've been reading the not-so-good posts too, just wasn't quite sure what to say, since I'm really just a stranger here and don't want to be more of a pain...