Wednesday, August 19, 2009

gluten free dairy free soy free nut free circle o' joy

I'm in (dare I say it?) a good mood.

the Prof slept well last night...and the night before. only waking once per night. amazing what only slightly broken sleep does for the mind.

good stuff. can't wait to sleep through the night again.

oqui surprised me with a yummy allergen carrot cake at the gym last night. he orchestrated a little get together con cakes (mine...and then a regular (and not $3000) one for everyone else). there were plates with animal faces. "awesome! I think mine's an ass!" and a handful of climbing friends to say happy birthday.

he managed to plan the not so short trip to the super secret special allergen free dessert caterer with the "dropping off documents for a project" cover story. I'm fairly easy to fool these days, so he got away with that with nothing more than a "can you do it at lunch time? hey. that's near trader joe's...maybe I should come, too" and an "OK. drive carefully." nothing like the days of baby shower planning when he couldn't so much as poo without me hovering outside the door listening for secret communicae. ahhhh...those were the days.

peggy got me a gift card for the health food store. that was really thoughtful. she's a good friend. that along with my birthday check from my mom (when did THIS tradition start???? I'm game), a card and gift from my grandparents and neighbor, oqui's always tear inducing cards (I always get one from him and one from the booger), my brand spanking new cowboy boots and a nice dinner with...VODKA!!!

I'm a happy girl.

a happy girl with brand spanking new cowboy boots and a rather large totally safe listed carrot cake in the fridge.

can you say sugar rush?

I'm also happy that we're getting out of this house. not.a.single.second.of.regret.or.remorse.

nope.

ready to go.

we've seen every single house in this district in our price range, and only really want one. of course, we're fighting with the listing agent on that one, cause he's an over-pricing d-bag who's holding out for a doctor or nurse to buy the property on what he wants to maintain as a very exclusive street.

I'm not convinced that oqui's hispanic last name doesn't have something to do with his unwillingness to deal.

so we're gonna beat his homo butt senseless, go down for a hate crime and find our beautiful new digs in separate federal pens.

other than the whole potential for incarceration...and not getting the house we want...

I'm glad we're moving forward with a home and a life of our own.

refreshing.


it also doesn't hurt that I'm hoping to squeeze in an extremely low budget kitchen remodel wherever we land and have been religiously poring over my decorating magazines...

feeling creative.

yup. refreshing.

No comments: