Friday, August 14, 2009

The Professor v. The Tooth

the tooth is winning. the baby (and therefore the mommy, as well) is getting his lilly white ass handed to him by a pearly white.

I've never seen an angrier baby.

sometimes its funny (seriously...ever see a 9 month old make a fist and curse the heavens?)...mostly its frustrating and heartbreaking.

doing our best to keep him moving and distracted...

but OH LAWDY, LAWDY...momma needs some sleep.

in other news. I'm old(er) today.

half a dozen people have told me how skinny I am in the last week (yes. I'm NOT FAT, but I wouldn't go so far as to throw the word "skinny" out there), but noone has seemed to mention my horrendous haircut, pale pallid skin, giant under eye circles and greenish undertones. oh yeah...and I think I'm getting shingles (ok, maybe its herpes, but either way...I think I need an orange and a glass of whole milk).

apparently you "look good" if you aren't overweight. looking old (which I finally do)...doesn't count when you weigh a bucktwenty. nice

I want a brownie sundae. its muh birfday. I should be able to have one.

NOT.

my bestest friend since fourth grade may very well be one of the bravest people on the planet. she's an MIT educated environmental engineer, high powered black american business consultant with a six figure income...

and she quit it all to open a decor store.

the grand opening of SukIo is tomorrow. she's dedicating it to my birthday.

I <3 her and must to go to DC to support her creative endeavors.

maybe when I get some sleep (one of these months)...I make some snazzy stuff for her to sell.

mosaic picture frames?
hand braided wall hangings?
sugar cookies?

ok. that's a little ambitious for the sukester...I'll put it on my list to e-mail her weekly encouragements and baby pics.

my neighbor (this is a wee bit disjointed, can you tell the baby's crying?) gave me a sparkly panda bear birthday card and a gift card. she's the sweetest. I'm almost sad to be moving away from her...granted it won't be far, but we typically give each other a call "gonna be outside to walk in 10 minutes. you in?"

we'll still hang...it'll just take more planning and motivation.

on second thought, she's got a 10 week old and I'm arm wrestling the prof...

I'll prolly see her again in 12 years.

my other neighbors are d-bags. I've "made up" with all of them, cleared the air and psuedo patched it up...but that's as far as I go.

the renters were going to cut down the owner's plants. we felt bad for the lil old lady who planted them at least a decade ago and offered to save some. the owners got mad, the renters threw us under the bus, the cops showed up, the owner's daughter got in oqui's face...I almost went to jail for assault.

but...I got to tell the renters today that selling us out when THEY failed to ask permission was (and I quote) "a dick move."

felt good to get off my chest...and now I don't give a shit what they do.

all I know is their dogs bark all fucking day, escape at least once a week and I'm always putting them back in the house so they don't die on the road.

score one for moving away.

(the baby is still crying. doooood STOP fighting the nap, yo)


have I mentioned that we didn't even get a counter offer for the house we're looking to buy?!>?!?!

very upsetting. I love that little house...but not enough to overpay for it.

so, chances are we're a'house hunting, again. (<-----teh suck)

but I'm feeling like everything happens for a reason...

and the reason, OBVIOUSLY, is that the bathroom was too damned small!

3 comments:

Oak said...

At least a grown man could sit and enjoy a good read in that Bathroom. Certainly better than the other house we had on the list.

Imma gonna tell the renters off when I get home tonight. You let em off easy, and I'm saddened to see that the lack of sleep and arm wrestling a 9 month old has weakened your ability to throw down. Luckily it has had the opposite effect on me...I'm ready to tell them the fuck off! You failed to note to the readers that the bitch didn't even apologize...not once. AND she didn't even thank you for saving their effing shit bag of a dog. This thing and it's buddy bark ALL day and night. LAst night it got out again, by breaking through the screen window, came after us and our dogs then proceeded to run back to our front yard and drop a slimy duece on our lawn. I picked it up in a bag and wanted to tie it to their fucking doorknob with a friendly little note.

Renters can pack sand. Regardless of the history with the landlady, I want to show her that WE are good people. I plan on buying her a bunch of plants when we move.

On the plus side, perhaps that will keep her seldom seen 'business man' from Manhatten from stopping by for a drive by.

Kim said...

hyland's teething tablets (homeopathic)...you probably already know about them.
What you also probably already know:
I am reluctant to give my own son medication gratuitously (OTC or RX), but these tiny little pellets saved our lives...of course, my bundle began teething at 4 months, so you can imagine I would've tried anything at that stage to get a little peace, quiet, sanity...

happy belated, Skinny. Miss ya.

Suki said...

I bought a box of the teething tablets months ago, thinking we were facing the worst of the teething.

NOT!

found out...quickly...that they contain a milk ingredient and homeboy can't have them.

*sigh*

beatings, it is.