Thursday, September 3, 2009

gotta admit

I'm a little apprehensive about the trip with the baby.

he was awesome at the gunks...miserable at the new (so miserable, in fact, that we rarely even reference the details of those 3 days of hell in our lives).

he's still hit or miss with the sleeping thing, so its anybody's guess how he'll handle 5 nights away from home...3 in a tent 2 in the car.

it's cool that we'll have a 3rd driver, though. this is vital to our survival.

we almost die on the way home from every climbing trip b/c the kid kept us up and we're exhaustified.

I am going to protect monica's sleep like a wet baby bird...so as she can stay awake and get us home alive.

aside from the whole sleep thing, I'm pretty cool with the possible eating arrangements. the farm is fully capable of providing organic, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, nut free, flavor free (I hope not) meals. we can also pack our own food cook on the camp stove, or even use the kitchen in the hostel.

haven't decided yet. to cheap out and get the full experience trying to boil water on an ultralite??? or to suck it up, pay $10 a meal and eat eggs, sausage and potatoes (that someone else cooked) for 4 days???

either way...unlike most climbing trips, I get the distinct impression I'm gonna come home from this one FATTER.

another fact worthy of note:

monica climbs like a beast. she's solid on 11's and V5's and hits the occassional 12 and V6.

doood...I'm lucky to pull down a hard 10...

on top rope.

it'll be interesting to see whether watching her shred the shit outta the shist (I have NO idea how to spell that) is gonna push me to pull harder...or convince me to sit and watch.

I'm guessing (as with all things) it'll boil down to how much sleep I'm getting...and how annoying the baby is.

yeah...9's it is.

No comments: