Wednesday, March 4, 2009

giving this alot of thought

I can't seem to figure out what is actually making the Prof sick.

my list of inedibles is ridiculously long, even for this with ridiculously long lists of inedibles.

OBVIOUSLY I'm doing something wrong.

the concept is simple; eliminate all things from your diet that make the baby sick...

then, add things back in one at a time, figuring out what is tolerable and what isn't.

I've been going for two months...or more. who can tell time in turkey and rice?...and have only been able to successfully reintroduce a few things. so many variables.

this is hard.

It took me alot of time to figure out my vitamins, now we're figuring out his meds, and all of a sudden there's a skin rash that makes me think my dogs need a one way ticket to get-the-fuck-out-of-heres-ville.

I do think I might be onto something with gluten, though. alot of our prior failed experiments may've "failed" because of me being an idiot about gluten...apparently, its in EVERYTHING. now I know...kinda, and I'll try those, again.

I also found today that some babies (despite the pediatrician's most sincere assurance to the contrary) have reactions to their vitamins. breastfed babies are supposed to have a supplement for those vitamins that don't pass through the milk. what's a suki supposed to do about that???

so all in all I'm completely flabbergasted, still want ice cream and ate some canned corn to see what happens.

wish us luck.

1 comment:

Big Mike said...

WTF is that second last paragraph about? What vitamins does a baby need that won't pass through milk. God, or Allah, or Darwin invented breast milk long before he invented vitamin supplements. Everything a kid needs is in there, unless you're a malnourished crack fiend.

Cut out all the artificial crap. Vitamins as well. Start with your turkey and rice. Carrots and Brocholli are probably OK too. Then just add 1 new thing every 48 hours.

Any reaction... scratch the latest addition, eait for the reaction to settle and add something else.

Either that or wrap him in a blanket with a jar of vegemite and send him over here. We'll harden him up. And you can get a decent nights sleep while he's in rehab.