Monday, February 16, 2009

making moves

last night the Prof slept in his big boy room.

for many years, I would find myself crying for a week in late August - early September. I got lonely when the Monkey went back to school. after spending our entire summer together, the house was decidedly empty without her incessant bugging and nagging (not to mention our daily dance routines to Saturday Night Fever).

she's been getting more independant every day and it seems like I've hardly seen her at all the last few summers. I really like when she ran track. she came home everyday ready to eat and ready to chat. she was busy, yet focused. now, she just kinda drifts along, mostly with a host of obnoxious cohorts.

I occassionally catch the gossip, but rarely have any quality time.

one baby growing too fast.

now, the Prof is moving out on us.

Friday night creepy carpet guy came over to install the Prof's carpet and scratch the shit out of his freshly painted wordwork. yesterday oqui asked me, "are you sure you want me to finish the nursery? are you ready for this?" My response was (I've just now noticed my seemingly random punctuation habits), "hell yes! get the booger out of here."

I was so busy convincing myself that him moving into his own room was no big deal, that I almost missed oqui's moistened eyes. apparently, oqui didn't mind the midnight waking as much as I thought...we love our lil' lump.

so, I was forewarned. I knew it was coming...

but, you know. then it happened. I actually had to leave him all alone in that big, cold, lonely crib and go to "my" room to sleep.

I snuggled into oqui and cried a little.

then we had sex.

I'm thinking this might work out after all...

No comments: