Wednesday, February 25, 2009

ok. so, uhm...yeah

just got a call about teaching GED classes at night.

two hours per class, two classes per week. the hourly rate is reasonable...

but, but, but...

can I actually commit to leaving my house, the Prof and more importantly MY PAJAMAS twice a week?

yeah. I can. even though oqui obviously has a very low opinion of the work (you need to write a resume for that? they're GED classes...who cares? etc)...I think its kind of noble.

I'm realistic about the fact that a GED isn't going to get someone their dream job, but if you've been trying and CAN'T pass that test...imagine how important a goal it is for you.

I hope that the classes are small and that I can help each personally individually...

or at least try.

2 comments:

Oak said...

I don't have a low opinion of the work, for the record. But as usual, I have my many smart aleck remarks to make.

May you get the job and prosper.

Suki said...

I may very well get the job...

but I highly doubt that prosper thing.