Friday, February 20, 2009

multi-blog

many an update to make...so little desire to be sassy (not because I'm in a bad mood, quite the opposite. I'm in a pretty durn good mood and want to run some errands).

the Prof saw the GI doc this week. mixed feelings there. she wants to "scope him." both ends. he would need to be sedated for this, and I'm not particularly cozy with that. the whole procedure is aimed at confirming that he suffers from food allergies.

duh, bitch. you don't need to knock my kid out and stick something up his ass to verify that one...

but she insists that she does. I was adamantly opposed. now I'm kind of on the fence. her most convincing argument is that he doesn't look like an allergic baby. he's thriving, and they're usually scrawny and sickly.

score one for my god-awful diet.

instead of scheduling a medical procedure, I've scheduled him for cranial sacral therapy and some energy work. let's see where some wise old women can get us, first.

in other news:

-I got clipless pedals and cleats. now all I need are some shoes that don't make me want to stab myself, either because they hurt like the dickens, they're ugly as sin or they cost 3 million dollars.

yes, those high-end cycling shoes are very impressive, but I'll be lucky to get out once a week for the next 10 or 12 years of my life and $300 (on clearance) isn't in my galaxy...let alone my price range.

do you have anything in a Ked or Bobo?

-I've gained 5 pounds eating nothing but rice, turkey and apple sauce. I'm going to shoot somebody if this trend continues...

-we went out to eat last night. I spent 30 minutes with the kitchen manager trying to figure out what I might be able to eat that wouldn't send the Prof into seizures and ended up with a salad with vinegar and oil, sliced turkey breast, plain baked potato and some bacon bits.

no sooner did I get the last bite of food in my mouth then I felt deathly ill. my body has forgotten how to eat food.

as oqui said last night...as we introduce foods to the Prof, we'll be reintroducing them to me.

mmmmm...beef baby food.

- the Prof is sleeping fairly well, again.

I'd like to thank the inclined crib wedge, air vent sleep positioner, wear a blanket sleeper and oqui's white noise machine.

5 hours a stretch. yes, please and thank you kindly.

- I've been watching the food network like its my job. I should probably quit.

1 comment:

Kim said...

what size shoes do you wear?