Wednesday, June 10, 2009

trust

we got a late night text last night:

not feeling gud. cn u cm get me?

turns out, The Monkey was being pressured into sneaking out of a friend's house to hang with some (albeit hot but) creepy dudes in an unsavory neighborhood. she didn't like the sound of it and bailed.

my kid is awesome.

as a reward for telling us the truth and making the right call...she got to make a midnight visit to a nearby (male but totally not creepy) friend's house to play video games. of course, I made her take the dogs, a stungun and showed her some quick whoopass techniques.

if she thinks she's safe and can handle her surroundings...I'm starting to trust her judgement.

now...if I could only get her to clean her room.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

That's great! Yep, your kid is awesome. And obviously you've done a pretty good job getting her to that point too :-)

The room cleaning thing... well, I can't talk, I still haven't worked out how to deal with my own clutter... I'm a terrible example to the kids there!