Monday, June 23, 2008

we didn't start the fire

my mom did.


and although it was puny, we're all hoping it served its solstice purpose.


it was awesome to see this hot mamma, again...and one of the girls said as soon as she walked in, "You're pretty!" like she was shocked.


dude. I don't hang with orangutans and whatnot...teh suki's got an image to uphold (currently it's lazy, chubby and broke, so come to think of it...I can now understand the child's surprise).


so we sent the universe our wishes and exercised to a very (very) minor extent our inherent woman witchdom. the black cats kept their distance...they might remember us plucking a few furs for the fire during previous witching nights. in fact the children kept their distance most of the time, as well.


good. teenage girls are squeaky. one of them had an attitude that sucked harder than clay aiken, and one of them (mine) needed to lay off the sugar.


o'pah came down after a ride (and before a shower) against my mother's wishes. no men are allowed in her home whilst the fire is burning...but he wanted to meet kim and crashed the party.


I think my mother may have cursed him with a few warts.


its all good...I crop dusted her kitchen.


2 comments:

Darling And So Charming said...

I missed the solstice. I never have. I always like doing something for it but alas. Baby distracts me. Be glad your having yours in cooler weather' we tried to venture out as a family and it was too hot for the little guy. So I hiked around alone!

And funny you mention crop dusting. I explained that to Brian a few days ago. He never heard the term. How is that possible?

Kim said...

...and I STILL haven't told...