Tuesday, November 25, 2008

weight

as chubby as I am (at an appointment yesterday i was told that my current weight is within "normal" range, to wit I replied..."fuck normal"...but I digress)...

this post is not about my gigantic muffin top or saggy gunt (hot, right?).

it is instead about decision making.

I'm considering climbing tonight, and have thusly decided to weigh the pros and cons.

pros:

-I'd be climbing. duh
-the 'pah and I need this. this is how our partnership was formed...this is what we do together.
-physical activity is (or at least was) a huge and integral part of my being...perhaps I should remember what that feels like
-I'd be climbing.
-gotta take that first step in getting back to my old self at some point
-everyone could see the monkey at the gym, so I wouldn't have to worry about trying to fit in showers on random weeknights for visitors
-catch up with peeps

cons:
-the gym is stinky and germ infested and the Prof is still itty bitty (obviously, he'd be coming with us cause I can't have him out of sight for more than 15 minutes without a mild panic attack)
-I might suck
-fashion (and function) disaster. I don't think I have any clothing (or climbing shoes and harness for that matter) that fit
-I'm probably gonna suck
-everyone is gonna want to touch him. I might snarl
-intense upper body exercise can lead to clogged ducts, breast infections and sheer misery (although the chance is slim, this suki does NOT look forward to fearing a breast infection again...being hit by a truck might be preferable)
-I'm still uber protective and get unintentionally and inexplicably spazzy when out of my den with the cub. I might snarl.
-I kinda like drop-in visitors...as long as they don't smell of smoke and try to touch the Professor
-what's a pull up???


all that being said...I really want to climb.

but, I'll leave it in the hands of the 'pah.

he's probably too tired to want to climb, anyway...

No comments: