Tuesday, August 14, 2007

yeah. my kid is cool



for my 30th birthday...

she took it back 25 years for me.

Strawberry Shortcake was my HOMEGIRL growing up. I had everything ever created with that lil heffa's face on it. shoes, clothes, dolls, toys, bedding, cards, food...

everything.

how fitting that my lil' monkey of a child has been squirreling away flea market, auction and backyard Strawberry Shortcake finds for my day o' death (aka. the birthday I refuse to have)?

I love this kid...and my super awesome Strawberry Shortcake salt and pepper shaker.

4 comments:

Suds said...

HAPPY B-DAY!

30 is not so bad, is it?

Nice to get some pics back in your blog!

g.

Keith said...

Wow, what a child you've got there!

I find stuff for Gabby that she misses from her childhood and thought she'd never see again. A coupla years ago, I found two Shaun Cassidy records in a thrift store and brought 'em home, having recalled a story in which she once told her dad that her conception of "heaven" was "all the Shaun Cassidy records I want!" In essence, I brought heaven into our home for two dollars and fifty cents. What a bahhhhgain!

samantha said...

That is cool!


Hey, stop hating birthdays. The only alternative is death. If you never turned 30 you would have died at 29... and that just isn't cool. You keep eating McDonalds though, so perhaps you might have a thing for death??? or pooping.

Happy Birthday. ENJOY every second of it.

Kim said...

mmmmmm...that smell!!
Can I play?