Monday, May 5, 2008

everest...and other mountains

I feel like I've recently climbed them all.

from the numbness in my piggers and fingers, to my inability to breathe (much like I'm at high altitude), to the extent of this exhaustion...

I'm finding it hard to believe I didn't just haul my ass off of a mountain.


if I don't get 12 straight hours in bed (two of which I spend WIIIIIIIDE awake smack dab in the middle of the night)...I'm beat the next day.

my hair has also started falling out in clumps. my nose gets bigger every morning. I can't remember or process ANYTHING (it's kinda fun to watch, I hear. I'm a bit of a moron)...and I'm starting to puff up.

does anyone else remember feeling like this while pregnant? it very well could've happened the first time...and I've blocked it (as a protective mechanism) from my memory.


...but I don't think so.

my aunt texted me a picture taken of me yesterday.


THE HORROR!!!

I look so old. old, old, old. I feel old, too.

did I mention I'm mean?

a male climbing friend told me on Saturday that he's concerned for me. that I'm too full of anger...that I'm carrying a baby and need to relax, to wit I replied...

have you ever been pregnant, you codgey old bastard??? no! huh? you haven't? then what the hell do you know? how 'bout you shut yourself right up.


hahahahah
...thereby proving him right.

so I'm trying to get more rest, starting pre-natal yoga, adding some more protein to my diet and hoping to High Heaven I recover when my estrogen levels drop to something tolerable.

cause...I mean...what would be the point of having this baby if I'm just gonna be all mommy dearest psycho on it, anyway?

not...that that wouldn't be fun for ME...but the kid, well...

the kid probably wouldn't have too much fun with that, I'm thinking.

3 comments:

Darling And So Charming said...

I did get puffy.. my face did. My hair didn't fall out though.. that concerns me. Maybe it is just stress related on that one though- I know that can cause hair to fall out. It has been 4 months since I had my bebe and hair is falling out a little but that is supposed to happen. No bald spots thank god.

I wish I did m ore prenatal yoga though. I forgot everything (driving away with shit on top of the car I forgot to remove.. etc. etc) made me feel helpless but amused Brian. re: the anger thing your friend is right but I had some bouts of prego hormonal rage and the bebe turned out happy as a clam.
Do what I did- do not look at pictures of yourself now until after sprout is here. I made the mistake of analyzing the hugeness that was my ass in a few pictures and then took a long time to speculate how long it would take to 'get back to looking like a normal person' driving Brian nuts. For the record it only took like 2 and a half months for that to happen. I'm sure it will be quick for you too.

I never heard of noses getting bigger but my FEETS did go up a size. Mind you they were boats before (I'm tall) but now...PONTOONS. It's all good. I figure we get such an amazing gift, a sprout to love...we gotta give a little something for that.
Keep taking time to relax anytime you need it, avoid people who stress you more than you already feel (or let their calls hit vmail and only email them.. a trick I used for my mom some days..) and remember how cool it is you are gonna have this little baby soon.
I am so excited for you. I'm reliving it, whee! And wear cute maternity clothes:) I know you feel gross but trust me, I think pregnancy is when we are most amazing and beautiful. Big butts, yeah. But GREAT BOOBS too!

Suki said...

big bootie?

check.

love handles (grrrr)?

check.

great boobs?

hmmm...well...errr...was I supposed to get boobs???


fuck!

Darling And So Charming said...

Then if they aren't big now wait till @ a day or 2 after sprout is born...
then it's like ridiculously huge. Ha ha. I woke up from a nap I swear the milk came in while I was sleeping. Then I stared at my boobs for the better part of an hour and was pretty
pleased with myself.
Ok I'm writing all of this on a public blog. I'm shutting up now.