Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I have bruises

and blisters, and cuts and scrapes and sore muscles and a tender bum and...

I'm loving it.

for the first time in a long time...I have NON-pregnancy related complaints! (I still have those, but now I have better ones to dwell on)

all of my brand new (and oh-so-familiar) maladies are a consequence of one glorious thing...

activity.

yay! I missed you, activity. I *heart* you activity. I want to love you and squeeze you and kiss you and feed you and hug you and pet you...

blisters from hiking. bruises from falling off boulders. dirty toenails from critter hunting in a stream. sore butt from riding my bicycle (what's a bicycle???). chafing and stiffness from my god-awful harness.


le sigh.

hurts sooooo good.

the last few days have definitely been a turning point for me. I've spent ALMOST enough time in the woods, the dogs are once again seeing daylight...and I don't feel like a whale...perhaps a porpoise...

but not a whale.

the nausea is GONE.
the headaches are GONE.
the weakness...

ok, well...that's still here as I'm dreadfully out of shape.

but it feels GOOD. like hiking up a mountain with 40 lbs on your back kinda good.

it hurts...but you know you love it.

I can honestly say that the last week has been the first time that I didn't absolutely DESPISE being pregnant. I don't feel as poisoned or beat up...

and I have this cool new lump in my belly that occassionally squirms around and plays alien for me.

my pants don't fit at all...

but who gives a rip? 4 more days of school (I got in trouble for wearing jeans yesterday...ha! like I give a shiz-nizzle)...then its all stretchy pants and sweat shorts from here on out.

I don't need linen capris to go play in a stream...

now do I?

1 comment:

Big Mike said...

Treat 'em mean. Keep 'em keen.

It works for mountains just like marriages.

BM

p.s. Please, please, please don't tell my wife I said that.