Monday, July 6, 2009

end of the line

well, folks...

that's it. we are officially and completely out of money. in fact, we're so out of money we're in the red. way red. super mega galactic red. we're so red its black and blue.

we gave it a good run and tried like hell to hang on to this house, but we're at the end of the line.

I'm not sure whether it'll be sold, foreclosed, bartered, traded or nuked...but I'm done pissing my kids' futures away on a mortgage that yields me absolutely NOTHING in equity.

the neighborhood is gorgeous and the schools are awesome...but when my daughter needs $2,000 worth of textbooks her first semester of college (god knows...by then they might cost more)...

I'll be damned if she has to borrow to buy them.

looking at apartments. reducing expenses. going to school.

making this future thing happen.

No comments: