Monday, September 8, 2008

attention span, be damned!

I've started quite a few blogs recently...maybe one of them even worth reading...and haven't had the ability to stare at this computer long enough to finish one of them.

so I'll 'splain the run-down of recent events. no, there is no time...lemme sum up:

-the physiological symptoms of pregnancy seem to be simmering down a bit. I'm not nauseous, getting headaches or otherwise feeling like I ate a brick of rat poison. I'm in the home stretch now...from here on out its purely physical and emotional tailspin. I feel very...full. I'm not particularly large...and seem to have a tendency to have big babies.

this is b/c I've rebuked jesus, I know it.

so I don't sleep very much, cry when I shouldn't, have fire in my throat and crave alot of ice cream...but it really isn't that bad. I've adjusted by going to friendly's every day, taking lots of naps and not really moving...at all.

and that seems to have settled that.

- I almost completely disowned my mother last week (without her knowledge). this could be a very long story...however, I'll just suffice it to say that I've dealt with some demons and will probably allow her to see the kid...

just never ever babysit for fear that she might run off to mexico without telling me. bitch.

-oqui went office space and it was hilarious. the kid and I watched in amusement as he stabbed the shit out of an old tape...all the while muttering to himself and us that, "oh. this is gonna be bad. real bad. I'm angry. don't look at me. I'm really angry."

poor kid. he really needs a bike ride.

- the ex came to pick up some mail and we got to chatting about what's going down in his world. while I don't really approve of some of his choices...he seems to at least be enjoying himself.

you know...in the kind of way that artists enjoy self-torment and over-indulgence.

I'll just pray for his liver (and his pecker) and continue to try to persuade that he REALLY really wants this house back.

I won't, however, hold my breath.

- the kid has a birthday coming up....so I should probably accept that she'll soon be sporting new, unacceptable clothing and make-up a la MomMom...and step away from the knife drawer.

- babies are expensive and I don't really have a job. this is an on-going theme, though...one I'm attempting to remove from my radar by eating self-rationed, semi-dark chocolate squares.

- I'm looking forward to getting active, again. while I'm (believe it or not) starting to enjoy my uber-laziness (rest and hydration are, after all THE very best defenses against pre-term labor)...I had a dream the other night that my first time back climbing...I was stronger than I've ever been before.

I drooled a lil' bit. I'm getting pretty excited.

I <3 fall.
I get to meet my lil man soon (not soon enough).
I'll be climbing and riding and skiing before I know it...
and my boobs are getting purty durned big.

all told...life doesn't suck (despite the wicked backache).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

homestretch rulez.

I loves the office space meltdowns. Especially watching front row center.

Kids are spensive, yep. But I'm gonna keep sending the stuffs connor outgrows (8 month old wearing 12-18 month clothes now, sigh) so that'll be less stuff to buy.

I'm so excited to see the baby pics. You look beau-oo-teful in the recent ones last post (my comment deleted itself, i too tired to repost) so good job!

xo