Friday, September 26, 2008

dr. douchebag

sniffles, coughs, aches...finally decided to see my primary care physician before the weekend...

just in case.

he hasn't seen me in ten months and the first thing he says when he walks in the room is, "well. you look different! gaining a little weight are you?"

yes, d-bag. I'm 8 months pregnant.

he then proceeds to caution me about excess weight gain...going so far as to jiggle my arm fat and give me a stern look...

without so much as looking at my chart.

gloves were off. this guy got a reeming.

I asked him, "do you even know how much I've gained? I know you're used to seeing me at training weight, but seriously...what are you thinking?"

I've gained a total of 23 pregnancy pounds at 34 weeks.

someone with the starting bmi that I had should shoot for a healthy gain of 35-45.

this guy is straight outta the fucking 50's mentality; when they made women (and babies) sick but restricting weight gain to a ridiculously low amount. I'm going to nurse, you incredible fool. I NEED a fat store.

it got ugly. I told him he better do the research cause the old school way of thinking is unhealthy and he told me to shut up.

I told him I'd slap him...

so I guess we're even.

I then went to the birth center, described my encounter in great detail and the midwife called him an ignorant jerk.

he is that, for sure.


nevertheless...

I'm a little unsettled by my arm actually jiggling...and will have dreams of beached whales tonight, I'm sure.

I hate you, dr. d-bag. may your testes swell and your eyes bleed.

2 comments:

andy said...

he jiggled your arms? ahahaha. what a tool.

buddha's girl said...

Dude, that was soooooooooo uncalled for! I am incredibly surprised you didn't punch him for that comment. After something like that, I'd never go back to him. ESPECIALLY if he had the nerve to tell me to shut up.