Tuesday, September 30, 2008

sweats, chills, headache

are we there yet???

I'm 34 weeks - out of the proverbial woods, but still a little too soon for the lil' booger's lungs.

the baby has dropped...really REALLY dropped, my joints and ligaments are all super duper stretchy (I keep jamming my fingers, and my legs don't QUITE feel like they're attached to my hips), and my abdominal wall has now completely forgotten what a six pack is and is split right down the middle (feels sooo good. not!).

sunday was my baby shower...and an open house...and really humid and hot. I had a great time seeing all my family, but I was soooo tired and having wicked strong contractions the whole time.

soon...so soon.

my goal here is 37 weeks. any sooner and he might have issues...and later and I'll stab myself to death.

I know every pregnant woman wants to "go early" but I have a distinct sense that it'll be all I can do to wait that long. at my last visit, we didn't even bother to check for dilation...his head is so low and I was having such intense contractions that we both agreed...

what does it matter?

when I'm in labor, we'll know. no sense getting agitated over it, either way.

this cold/flu/whatever isn't helping. I think I'm getting dehydrated and crampy cause I'm still sick.

that's right...STILL sick.

last night was chills, then sweats and a massive headache. lather, rinse, repeat.

all the while...uterus tight, cervix tingly, belly crampy.

I woke up this morning and sent oqui a text, "Is it time yet? Can it be time, now?"

his response (and part of the reason I love him so very very much):

Hang in there!
You're doing great!
And he'll be thankful for all your patience and hard work.
And if he isn't...I'll beat him.
I love you!!!


love you, too! now let's get the nursery done and prepare to beat him...

1 comment:

Darling And So Charming said...

3 WEEKS! I had them induce 4 days past due date i was so DONE. Of course I checked in hospital Christmas NIGHT (no food, not even drive thru, not even 7-1 open for Brian to get snacks!!_) and pissed off nurses working then, Whee! Except my Jamaican nurse who loved me. One nice one. Anyway he came the 26th next morning. HELL! Sooo wroth it. He is 9 months now. I want annoootherrr!
"(shh)

Anyway.. good luck. Hugs. Relax. Stuff has been nuts here so I missed your sweet lil vmail but i will call you back SOON!

Besos!!
C