Friday, September 12, 2008

brownie batter? WHAT brownie batter???

no. I wasn't just eating brownie batter by the spatula full.

no. I didn't poor the pathetic remnants into a much smaller pan to hide my indiscretions.

no. I won't have a belly-ache or get salmonella.


today I put some things into perspective. (and it had nothing at all to do with brownie batter...honest)

pregnancy has been stomping me...and I've been whining like a lil' bitch the entire time.

I now know why.

I came into this pregnancy prepared. ready. able. willing. wanting it.

feeling like a million (albeit chubby) bucks and on top o' da world. nausea couldn't touch me. I'd climb til I was due, and riding would fill out the remainder of my time.

it was going to be PERFECT.

ha. haha. hahaha. hahahhahaha

then I got sick.

superwoman image shattered. I actually felt disappointed with me for allowing myself to feel crappy, again. I felt like I was strong enough to fight it down.

I'm a scrappy (if not entirely brave), feisty lil' woman. I can handle anything.

again....hahahahha

so not only did I feel yickdafied...I was disappointed in myself, as well. which made me feel more yicky. more disappointed. more yicky. more disappointed...

and meanwhile I was falling out of shape and getting spongy.

but NOW...NOW!!! I've changed my entire perspective. given myself some leeway. cut myself some slack.

now, I see it like this...if this lil' ninja-fu-kwon-do booger is able to so thoroughly whip my tail...

he's one bad mofo.

that's right, bitches.

I'm having a super baby. he's 3 lbs and 15 inches of sheer chuck norris + bruce lee + mighty mouse with a side of will smith bad assedness.

he's gonna slide out swinging and karate chop the midwife in her throat.

he's gonna be a wild-haired, cloth-diapered menace to society...

and leading our climbs in four years.

he's gonna eat raw squirrels, and wash it down with tarantula venom...

then he's gonna share a bowl of brownie batter with me.

this kid...

is gonna be a tail-whipping, name taking beast.


I better start shopping for reinforced titanium cribs, now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think of how lucky this booger is having parents that do fun stuff like climb n ride. Seriously. I wish MY parents did that. Instead my brothers and I beat each other up for exercise.

AND! Homestretch.... yess.
If he comes out kicking it's way better than my little prince- he came out wildly pissing -that's right- screaming and pissing and it was all over the OBGYN (who was LATE, sauntered in as I held contractions...) payback! It was pretty awesome.

buddha's girl said...

That is an amazing switch in perspective! I think you just grew up... not much, but it happened.

Suki, I am so proud of you and I just wanted to let you know that. In spite of your crazy-ass ranting (or maybe because of it) I thoroughly enjoy your vision of the world that I live in. I can't wait to see the little booger.

PS. I am still jealous of Travis's memory/climbing box. That is the coolest thing I have ever seen and I want one. First, need to do more climbing... outside.

Oak said...

If this guy pisses on me whilst I'm there to catch him, he'll be spending his first two weeks grounded.

Suki said...

grew up???

me???

bitch, you must be crazy!


ps. you want some o' suki's box...

you gotta earn it *meow*