Friday, October 24, 2008

ass up and fingers crossed

the lil' booger seems to be head down, butt up and ALMOST in the right position.

awaiting confirmation via a mid-wife handling my nonny and a not-so-sweet ultrasound tech lubing up my belly and blasting the squirt with sound waves for the 5th time (I'm so sorry lil' bubbers. let's just hope they aren't later found to be overly harmful).

then crossing my fingers he stays that way.

the whole medicalized birth possibility is still just that. a distinct possibility. we can't deliver at home until we've had a "confirmation" ultrasound...while I'm in labor...that the squirt is in the right place.

so either way...I'll be starting my birthing journey in precisely the place I don't want to be...a hospital.

HOWEVER, if things go well...

I can still go home and get things done properly.


voodoo dances and whammy castings are greatly appreciated at this point.

1 comment:

Darling And So Charming said...

Oh honey I'm praying my ass off for you to do it the way you want. Way Bayley born in a hospital? This would be your first home birth? Just think it'll be at home and will it!

My little peanut hates ltrasounds. He'd stop kicking and pretend not to know what was going on. Hand over his face. Hates pictures even now. GREAT!
Luck and good mojo your way. And don;t move around too fast to shake him up- keep him in place once he gets there haha. The imagery of you walking around carefully like a granny is a riot.