Thursday, October 2, 2008

there is a special place in hell

for men who abandon women and their children...

and I know a guy who just reserved himself a spot.

a friend of mine just had a baby on friday. I visited her, the lil nugget and her boyfriend in the hospital on saturday and planned on taking her a casserole after she went home monday. all seemed well. the boyfriend was diapering the little tyke, his siblings were admiring the baby and momma was trying to nurse.

everything seemed fine.

hadn't heard from her in a few days...sent her a message asking how she was doing. I got her reply at 6 o'clock this morning.

he left her. her mother took her home from the hospital monday...and he never came home from work.

he left her, unemployed, with a newborn in HIS apartment. just...

took the fuck off. didn't respond. didn't even have the sack to tell her what he was planning.

her parents are moving her to their house on saturday, and she was able to catch the paperwork in time to change the baby's last name...

and she's having the most miserable time of her life, when she should be focusing on healing and bonding with her baby.

two weeks ago...these kids were buying a house.

his mother spoke to her mother yesterday...and TOTALLY CONDONES her son running out on his fiance and newborn son.

they should both be shot. if my son ever pulls some stunt like that...

I will personally remove his testicles.

I know this guy is young, and I respect the freak out - alot of new dads have one...but not like this. not now. not this way. usually they go on a bender, blow the savings and/or hit a strip joint...

not move their furniture to their mom's and abandon their child.

savage.

what the hell happened between saturday and monday? did he know in the morning he was gonna bail...or did it occur to him sometime on the way home?

how? just.....when? i mean...wh...

what the fuck?

I hugged oqui as tightly as I could after I read her message. I nearly cried. I can't imagine how heart broken I'd be if he were gone...for any reason. I don't know what life would be like with his son...and without him.

his father took off when he was two...mine slowly but surely rotted his brain until at about the age of 12 I decided I was better off never seeing him, again.

why do some men consider the role of father a disposable one?

No comments: