Saturday, December 13, 2008

my poor baby :(

the good news is that wednesday's barium swallowing episode showed that he doesn't have pyloric stenosis and DOESN'T need surgery.

the bad news is that he has wicked reflux.

he snorts and has labored breathing.
his voice and cries are nasally and raspy.
he spits up...alot.
he has trouble nursing (hence my boobs being the single most painful thing on the planet..ever).
he's in pain.

Initially, I was convinced to medicate him. now that I've done more reading, I think I'm going to hold off on the drugs.

there are slings and pillows that elevate. I can eliminate some things from my diet. massage. etc...

if he's still in pain, though...I'll give him the zantac.

it breaks my heart to see that feeding him...

hurts him as much as it hurts me.

his comfort is waaay more important than mine.

I'm done complaining about my boobs, now. honest.

1 comment:

buddha's girl said...

Poor baby! I hope you guys feel better soon.