Monday, July 21, 2008

bah humbug

its hot.

I feel like dookie.

my back aches.

...and my boob itches.

however, I'm feeling pretty confident that the sprout is doing well. although I can't help turning around from the sink (desk, table, etc) and envisioning a tiny little not yet ready to be born baby head emerging from my dress.

I'm trying to be tough, but its still scary. this little guy is swimming contentedly around in a nice warm bag o' fluid (conveniently filtered and replaced 8 times a day by yours truly), kicking, hiccuping, sucking on his fist...

but if he were to be born now (or anytime soon) all that would change. quite drastically.

tubes, drugs, lights, machines...IF he survived.

I don't want that for him (duh), so I'd really like my uterus (and body as a whole) to cooperate in not shoving the muffin out before he's done baking.

I haven't dilated yet. I'm not ordered to bed rest. he's still boogering around and kicking my spleen...

so I'll try to relax and not inadvertently pop a blow vessel or blow a gasket.

I can tell you one thing for certain, though. there is some relief in this...I've recently found myself with one less thing to worry over:

I'M NOT EVEN THINKING OF CLIMBING.

1 comment:

Darling And So Charming said...

Well you are far enough along that you could have pre term delivery and he would be ok. It is amazing what they can do now, yeah- I actually had a friend who had a baby who was born at 5 MONTHS. No kidding. It was intense, scary scene and the baby was tinier than a bird and in the NICU for all that time, but she is normal and healthy now. So.. at least in the worst case scenario you'd still be out of the woods.