Monday, July 7, 2008

less than 2 hours

although that could be referring to how much sleep I got last night, how long I wanted to stay at all these family picnics, or how long I have until I need to be at work...

its how long the kid has been on her way to virginia with my niece and brother-in-law...and I've been spazzing about it.

I didn't sleep a wink last night thinking about her.

she's gone on several sojourns with her father...and one or two with my mother in the past...yet I'm still having trouble with her being gone this week.

then she comes home for two days and is off to camp.

oiy.

I figured it might be rough on her...but didn't anticipate feeling nearly this shaken up, myself.

it's the timing. our relationship has been a little rocky...well...this entire year.

she's growing up (faster than I'm comfortable with). I'm pregnant. frustrations abound.

its almost like I'm unintentionally giving her polite (or not so) little shoves toward independence (and the door) in order to prepare for what I know is coming in the years to come:

my homegirl and my first little roommate is leaving.

I wonder if the timing of this baby will help or hurt her push for independence?

I'd hate to have had such a wonderful first 12 years with her...

then see it disintegrate in the home stretch.




strategy...I'll need a strategy.

No comments: