Wednesday, January 21, 2009

4 weeks

its going to take 4 weeks to get into the pediatric gastroenterologist's office, and we're seeing a nurse practitioner when we get there.

4 weeks of not having any more information (and eating like an ethiopian) is gonna kill me, but I'm glad we're seeing an NP. She'll probably have more time to tell me what I want to know.

we're not going for surgery, procedures or treatment. I just need information...and lots of it.

like:
-is this normal??? or even likely? how can one body be sensitive to 8 bazillion things?
-how long can I expect it to last?
-should I stop nursing? I've read that continued, even minute and accidental exposure to the allergens can cause problems for the Prof later...is this true or relevent?
-what should I eat? when can I introduce new foods?
-what's the mechanism behind his discomfort?
-what happens if (ha! if? I mean WHEN) I slip up? how much will do it? how do I make him feel better?
-why me? why him? why us????

ok, so she probably won't be able to answer the last one other than "genetics" but I'm gonna throw it out there, anyway.

after all...I'm hungry, dammit.

No comments: