Thursday, February 21, 2008

all hail the free clinic!!!





sans insurance, I found myself a free clinic at a (not-so) local church. it was in the middle of bumblefuck, had the CREEPIEST metally, gigantic, coat of arms, sword-like, representative of enemas in hades, emblem-y thing on the wall...




and I almost didn't want to go in. I told the 'pah...




if they try to inject me with ANYTHING. ANYTHING...kick some ass and get me outta there.




we waited for an eternity (purgatory?) surrounded by jesus kittens (why does jesus insist all his posters are covered in kittens) with a bunch of people just like me.




working. white. not EXACTLY poverty-stricken...but all without insurance.




they took one listen to my lungs and instantly determined: 's ok. teh suki no got the pneumoners.




bang the trumpet.
bugle the drum.
herald the...herald the....

meh. whatever the fuck. it's just good news.

it's likely viral.
I'm over the hump.
hump (<----some words just bear repeating)

my lungs is clear.
and the flu shot didn't work this year.

fuck da flu shot.

fuck (<----some words just bear repeating)

so, I'll spend the next four days in bed, anyway...but I won't need antibiotics (my cooter just sighed in relief). I'll most likely cough for weeks and weeks and weeks (doctor's words) and feel like I was hit by a truck (I'm going with getting beat up by a gorilla, but whatevs...)...

and we're not certain either way if the climbing trip to kentucky stays on the plate. even if I feel strong...I'll be 3 weeks out of climbing shape and lead like a loser.

and it'll be COLD. cold, I tell ya.

cold.

cold. (<-----some words DON'T bear repeating, but apparently get it anyway)

in other news, illness be damned, the 'pah and I tried our best to conceive a demon under the red eclipsed moon last night.




horns...

we're pretty sure it'll have horns.

1 comment:

Darling And So Charming said...

Oh m y god- really? You guys are trying now? For reals? YES! I am essited about the 'I'm knocked' up entry...haha. Ohhhh, pregant Suki pictures to come. (pulling up chair)