Wednesday, February 27, 2008

strong like man

in a few minutes I'm off to take my TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) for entrance to nursing school.

its a 4+ hour test of 8-9 grade math, science and reading.

all of which, quite obviously, I have completely forgotten.

I've studied for a day or two, taken a practice exam and made half a dozen flash cards.

I'm good on the reading, english-usage (I pwn english whether my blog suggests so or not), and math.

I'm even fantastic on the earth, general and physical sciences.


chemistry is kicking my fucking dome in.

I hate chemistry.
maybe I shouldn't go to nursing school?

but, since I'm all but completely unemployable (they say you shouldn't walk away from a job and do absolutely nothing for seven whole years, then decide you're ready to re-enter the workforce, get a similar professional job and quit after five weeks...but I don't know WHY???) in any area that would earn me some coin...its back to school no matter what. nursing is top on the list for several reasons:

-I can walk to campus
-its cheap
-did I mention I can walk to campus?
-there's no mystery to medical education. been there. tried that. If I keep my nose down and my scrubs dry, I'll pass.
-I can work part-time (after graduation, mind you. I doubt I'll have time to work during)...and I like working part-time.
-I'll get to stick people with needles.
-it never hurts to have doctor friends

so I'll take my little test. ignore any and all chemistry questions until the absolute END of the session, then come home and drink a gigantic fucking cocktail.

wish me good luck, a long attention span and an iron bladder.

6 comments:

SuePer said...

You will always have a source of income... but sure hope you enjoy being barfed on, shit upon, expectorated upon, oh yeah...and when it's not coming out on it's own, you have to go in and get it. oh yeah, and then there is that lovely day-night shift work.

Suki said...

"always have a source of income..."

^ that's a start. then we'll go from there.

as for barf, poo, expectorate and "other" stuff...

I teach.

I got this.

Kim said...

You've got this...rock on, my friend!

Suki said...

I make this test cry like little bitty sissy baby girl.

I even rode my bicycle there and got to go home while everyone else waited for the parking shuttle.

ha, bitches!

gwadzilla said...

good luck.

Darling And So Charming said...
This comment has been removed by the author.