Sunday, February 3, 2008

Trek titties.

yesterday's excursion to the farmer's market included a side run to the bike shop.

I know, I know. my priorities are wrong. the trip to the bike shop should've included a side run for groceries, but I digress...

while browsing around I couldn't help but notice (and damn near lose an eye due to) the trek mannequins.


holy fucking nipples.

they were ridiculous. everywhere I looked...titties. unhaltered. high beaming. in your face perkies.


I was pissed. I raised such a fuss the bike shop guys turned the offending female fronts around and promised to either saw the ridiculously emphasized nipples off or put them in jackets to hide the suckers.

what the fuck was trek thinking?

they're trying so hard to convince those of us with ovaries and boobers that they CARE about our riding experience with their women specific designs...

then they blatantly and so RUUUDELY objectify us. there wasn't a trek poster in that store that didn't in some way, shape or form make me believe that trek thinks I'm a bikini wearing, mountain bike bunny who isn't actually interested in clothing for comfort or function.

no, sirree! I LIKE when my ass crack sticks out while I'm riding...and if possible could you print my sports bra with really pretty flowers on it, too? and maybe design some riding gloves to accommodate my uber long finger nails that I JUST. GOT. DONE.

fuck you, trek. I won't spend a single solitary penny on your products until you start showing me (and my tatas) some respect.

I will hand it to them, though. their marketing is saavy. (although it pisses me off even more)

while they crowd the bike shops with titties (OBVIOUSLY for the viewing pleasure of all the WOMEN who frequent them)..they have the good sense to keep that shit off their web-site.

I went a-searching for an example of their asinine attempts at mimicking the female physique...

and found not one single nipple.

mannequin or model.

assholes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to check out Express, The Limited, Victoria's Secret, Gap and Wet Seal... You'll find all the same kind of mannequins. Disturbing... I know.

Anonymous said...

I offered to 'dispose' of said mannequin myself, but for some unknown reason they wouldn't let go of it.

Back to the gym so I can be muscular like the male version of the mannequin.

(Note to self-look up penis enlargement products, tanning booths and Trek riding gear)