Monday, February 18, 2008

I feel like dookie.

20 hours of respect my hairy white ass...this bug is having its way with me.

my snot is now green and oooh so plentiful. my back and head are achey and ornery. I have gas (totally unrelated and actually quite common) and my throat and chest hurt.

I think I'm working up my annual springtime pneumonia case.

FUCK YOU!!!

I've got a mortgage to pay, a climbing trip in a few weeks and a desire to get out of bed for more than 3 hours a day.

FUCK YOU!!!
I don't wanna be sick.
we went climbing this saturday (against my better (which sucks) judgement) and I felt like a dead whale.
I dream in climbing. my nightmares involve falls, my wet dreams focus on sweet sends. I think in boulders, chalk spots and crimps. my dressers are crammed with "crag clothes". I keep a pack full and at the ready and I can't climb worth a damn.
in short...I'm a climber...
who sucks.
sucky. suck. suck. SUCK.
dear climbing gods,
give me a fucking break, please. I've been at this 2 years. 2 years riddled with injury and sick days because I push myself like a mule. 2 years of sweat, tears, shivers, shakes and pants shitting. 2 years of not being able to reach the fucking hold.
2 fucking years and I can't lead (or even send half the damn time) 10's.
I am displeased and expect your full and immediate cooperation in this matter.
Suki
---------
I suppose I'm really upset with myself because of the new kids. there are two youngheads, 20 years old, tops...who've been climbing since september...
and are kicking all our asses.
fuck you, good climbers.
fuck you hard.
at first I was jealous, then happy for them, then jealous again...then told them to keep at it so
they can be our rope guns and set up top ropes for our old, lack luster asses.
woe/whoa is me.
in other climbing news, chunkymonkey was working the shit out of an overhung, pumpy climb the other night.
she heel-hooked, double-heel hooked, stretched, cranked, pulled, and was looking AWESOME.
maybe she'll have to give me some pointers.
fatmarc also gave me a good chuckle at the gym. he was about four feet from the shuts on a climb when he went silent and limp for a second. he waved his hand casually for diane to let him down. she didn't catch the gesture and he very calmly said, "down. down."
down he came and said in the most even keeled voice I've ever heard, "I freaked out."
haaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha
I busted up laughing. I had to tell him that if that was him freaking out he needs to show me the Jedi ways.
cool as a cucumber that man is...
cool as a cucumber.
can't wait to get that crew out to the quarry in the spring and let them feel the rush of real rock.
I should apologize in advance to the cycling community...
cause I'm gonna make bona fide, obsessed, forgetting about their bikes climbers of them.
...mostly so they can set up my top ropes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's in your head. You are climbing well, just not feeling well.

Saw some fantastic climbing by the cycle crew this weekend, I concur.

First things first, to get healthy.

Suki said...

hey, megA...

got your comment. good looking out!

sending the credentials (you know...just to "see") asap.

can I rub your tooshie or something?

do you need a cup of tea?

any chance your looking for a roommate???

Anonymous said...

Don't worry suki, I've been climbing for 5 years... and the most I've lead was an 11, half way up... in the gym. Never made it to the top. That was over a year ago. Last week I struggled on a five fucking six fucking fuck. It was fucking top fucking rope. Injuries suck and the kids don't get them as often as us. But who cares, climbing is still fun. A bad day climbing is better than a good day at work... as long as no one gets killed.

Suki said...

I concur, sam.

i'll try not to kill anyone at work, I guess.

as for my climbing goal this year...same as last year (fuck!).

J's route. 10a-b. clean lead. end of june.

I'm trying to get rotten in on it too for motivation.

you down?

wanna gun our ropes?

;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I"m no rope gun. Where is J's route?