Saturday, February 16, 2008

banging the drum and taco bell

I got the call yesterday (mid bath, mind you) that my brother-in-law (BIN) is out of money and out of supplies.

the major donation from Lowe's didn't come through (viva la Home Depot) so he's been trying to buy the supplies as he goes.

and now he's broke.

he's fortunate that they've found a couple of local mom and pop shops that are giving them materials at cost...but they need money.

soon.

they've made AMAZING progress. there was a concern during last weeks storm, though about further damage because they didn't have enough supplies to get the roof completed. my mother says the upper floors are fine and the storm went on about its business without wrecking his house, again.

amen.

so for anyone who's able and willing to help, donations can be made through my mother's church in Exton, PA.

St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church
104 South Village Avenue
Exton, PA 19341

Anyone wishing to make donations to help with the fire recovery may do so by making a check payable to “St. Paul’s Lutheran Church” and entering “House Fire Help” in the memo line of the check – this is very important as without the notation, the treasurer will place the funds in the general treasury.

these donations are tax deductible and with a little luck (and some padding in the offering plates) will be matched to some extent.

I am by no means a religious person (being the daughter of a southern baptist minister/major junkie'll do that to a girl)...but when it comes to charitable acts and social ministering:

I heart churches.


a huge thanks to anyone that has helped (in particular a small group of oqui's friends who have been sending gift cards and well wishes non-stop) and will help!

the suki loves ya!


in other news:

I lied. I didn't feel like washing the fruits and veggies. I broke the blender and lost the food processor in the divorce.

organic, raw and whole foods my ass...

we ate at taco bell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This may sound awful, but can you email the address and I'll donate directly to the family? ... I don't trust the church, saw too much bad shit when I was growing up.

Suki said...

hahahaha

I don't blame you. like I said..daughter of a minister/junkie, here.

I'll e-mail you my address. there have been break-ins at their home. someone has stolen my BIN's $2,000 breaker (a tool used to bend metal siding and whatnot).

can you believe that???

what kind of scumbag asswipe steals from the destitude??? made me so mad I was willing to donate my dogs to guard the house.

then we remembered my dogs are pussies and instead boarded the windows and doors up.

we set aside one of those boards, though...

just in case they locate the thief.