Friday, June 29, 2007

and I'm off...again.

man, do I need a new superhero pose, or what?

tomorrow morning will find me on my way to rumney, nh to get my climb on.

not the painful kind on a bike that involves my quads screaming for mercy (wait. they do that on the flat parts, too...)...this climbing involves rocks, the part of my body that actually is in shape, a rope, and occassionally some success in reaching the tiz-op.

I'm not sure what level I'm leading at these days (or ever, for that matter). If I bang out a good number of 5.9's on lead I'll be content.

If I lead a 5.10 I'll shit myself. twice.

once out of excitement...and once just for fun.

10's on top-rope are no big whoop. in west virginny I can usually flash up to a 10b...work c's and d's. I'm curious as to the grading in rumney. 10's may be WAAAAAAAAY out of my league. I guess we'll just see.

as per my last (ass) post...I'm quite obviously not in tip top shape. my mental game has been shot to hell, too, since I got pneumonia. I over-worked myself prior...now I'm not working enough (for fear of blowing a lung?). I haven't been climbing at my peak for a few months now...

I'm hoping to (can anyone tell me how to do that cool strike through thingy?) I WILL rectify this situation in New Hampshire.

I will climb like the wind. rock solid. wreck shop. make myself proud...and work my partner to death.

sorry, oqui.

I'm on a mission.


see you kids in a few!

Hugs, Kisses and Candy Bars,
The Suki

3 comments:

samantha said...

have fun. watch out for the black flies.


I assume you are talking about leading sport not trad??

sport rules. trad is just sccccaaaaaaaaarry

Suki said...

oh, I'm most definitely talking sport leading.

trad scurrs me.

I saw a dude take a fall at stony ridge that damn near ended his life the other day.

no thank you.

Suds said...

I just found out the code to do that strike through thing you wanted... you precede the word you want to strike with < s > and follow it with < / s > . The editor should interpret the html tag and give you what you're lookin' for. (I had to insert spaces around the brackets and letter s 'cause html tags are not allowed in the comment boxes. I would have e-mailed it to you but I haven't made it into your inner circle yet (not sayin I ever will, just sayin', that's all :) )