Saturday, June 16, 2007

excerpts from the super secret suki journal

vacation log

stardate 06.09.07 2100 hours

"sitting in a tiny room in an even tinier cottage listening to Bayl and Flora bitch each other into oblivion. I just heard myself say "Girls! If I hear one more word out of either of you, the game is OVER! Either figure it out peacefully or put it away!"

what awesome advice. if you can't make it work w/o fuss...

LEAVE IT ALONE"

06.10.07 1200 hours (ish)

"I'm digging a really big hole" every trip to the beach begins with that intention...and usually ends with someone buried to the neck...

with big sand boobies. Bayl already declared that the hole shall happen. purposeful walk. large shovel in hand. three minutes later, after having paced out a 7x7' area to be dug...shovel to sand, sand crab found. digging ceased and crab discovery began...poor crabs.

there's something so pure about having sand in your crotch (I mean toes). Reminds me, yet again, that I should be writing. Instead...I'm going to read.

Consider it...market research"

06.14.07 0345 hours

DONE

Get me the hell out of here. If there is an opposite, an antonym for motivation...this is it. Frustration. no sleep. confinement. annoyance. control = I'm DONE. I'm packing.

the weather SUCKS. the cabin is small. the voices grate. six days and a suki is done. fin. caput. I'm packing, mofos. you best get in the goddamn car.

asking me to stay another dreary day is pointless. I'm going to make you all suffer. I can't actually understand you being selfish enough to even consider it when I OBVIOUSLY feel very strongly about this. I'm ready to fucking leave. let's go.

go.
go.
go.

...did I mention how fucking badly I want to go home???


being in close quarters like this (with extremely annoying mofos). enforced inactivity. Making A Suki Krazy.

I want to go hit a crazy hard trail. Send a super tough route or problem. Crush a 10b on lead. Fucking challenge myself.

!!!FUCK!!!

I want out..."

soooo....

that about sums MY trip up. enjoyed the kid tremendously. did NOT, however, enjoy the remaining company after three days of the constant power struggles, incessant whining, passive aggressive bullshit, and control. control. control.

I learned my lesson.

NEVER go on outings:

a. in one car
b. with "friends" for more than three days
c. with fat, whiny, spoiled, clingy, conniving, annoying children.

*sigh*
I am sooooo gosh darned glad to be home.

I climbed out some frustration last night. got some sleep. made mad noogie. and rode today.

boy, did I ride today. this was the hardest I've ever ridden.

ever. (being that I've gone on a total of four mountain bike rides my entire life...interpret this as you will)

I'm still a pud. I still rock my brakes like they're going out of style. I still REALLY need straps, clips, baskets (something) for my pedals...

but I had a fucking ball. I rode so fast my eyes teared up, I couldn't see di-ock. and kept riding mad fast anyway.

I had to. Oqui was kicking our anuses on the downhills.

thanks, Oqui. you made me love this whole crazy bee-sickle-ing (as the hub calls it) thing a shit-ton more today.

consider me...inspired.

now if we could (all) just stop blowing tires and carrying our bikes back...

2 comments:

Kim said...

ohhh watch out...you got the Fever!!
ride on!

forty f15teen said...

mountain biking claims another.

forget sand boobies, i like to make giant sand genitalia. seaweed makes great pubes.

nothing like an 8 - foot sand wang.