Wednesday, June 27, 2007

yesterday I:

-started giving fellow volvo drivers the jeep wave

-begged the kid back from her dad, stole the niece, made them both wear dresses and took them to my mother's house to celebrate her one bajillionth birthday. dev and alan showed up with sammy. bringing the total number of females in that kitchen to seven, thereby ensuring an obnoxious time. I miss living with them :(

-googled myself. maiden name. married name and (all) my alias(es). surprisingly...the alias(es) are way more exciting

-went for the big hair (yes. I have a photo. no. I don't think I'll post it)

-finished off the casserole

-was forced by the teenage contingency ("doood. seriously. you won't believe how hot he is! for realz, yo. He even gave me chocolate. that's mad hot.") to find pictures of Zayne on-line.

-made faces out the front window at everyone who passed by for an hour and a half

-met "Jakey" the super cute, shaggy blonde boy who has a MAJOR crush on my 11 year old and managed not to castrate him. (her father and step-father are displeased with my restraint)

-accidentally gave dev crab dip...then four benadryl

-got home by 11 and was out twenty minutes later.

a good day.

4 comments:

Chris Mayhew said...

What's the Jeep wave? What Volvo do you drive?

me
aka JBV Coaching
'89 245
04 V70

Suki said...

re: the jeep wave.

ya know...just like the motorcycle wave.

its the slightest little lift of the chin...the barely perceptible narrowing of one eye...the puckery lip face.

the brotherhood.

01' V40

soon to add an XC70, me thinks.

I just heart that these things know to turn my rear wiper on when I put it in reverse.

such a considerate little car.

Chris Mayhew said...

See, in cycling that's the "I acknowledge we are doing the exact same thing, but I can't give you more than this otherwise someone think I am not 198% totally serious in my training" wave.

I don't think my V70 is as polite as yours. That's a cool feature though.

Suki said...

*nods ever so slightly in your direction*