Friday, June 29, 2007

I have a ginormous ass. (aka PMS strikes again)

a lil' rant of mine today on a climbing forum. well...because I'm pissy.
her:
Quote from: rose on June 19, 2007, 12:24:32 PM
Also, I have a few friends that own houses in Rumney, and feel I have a different perspective. Rumney is a town. It is not like down south at Miguel's where you can get rowdy. Or a Del and Marty's where climbers are welcome. Or a Rogers where coffee is dropped off at your camp site.I agree it isn't all the things you mentioned, but there might be reason why a climbers locale hasn't been erected before. The Calm Post will most likely offer that connection you seek.
me: (10 days later hehehe)
Rose,
I was sent a link to this thread by a friend, being as we're heading to rumney tomorrow...and we were hoping to find a nice little pesto-y/hummus-y type place to eat...and voila'!
And while I realize this is probably all old hat, now...I have to admit, though, I had an immediate and intense reaction to a few of your statements about a 'miguel's type place' showing up in rumney. In particular that you have a few friends that own houses in there.
Cool geological features...such as rock faces, boulders, mountains, rivers, etc..are in short supply. What I don't think this planet has a shortage of, however...is people. While I feel for your friends' property values (I happen to own a home myself)...I couldn't possibly sympathize with them if their town were to turn into rock climbing, dirty sandal wearing, hippy central. The rock is THERE...the homes could've been built ANYWHERE.
I once lived on beautiful little main street america. quiet town. great place to raise kids...also home to the twice annual motorcycle hill climb. several weeks a year our town was OVER-RUN by obnoxiously loud motorcycles sans mufflers...and hordes of leather clad enthusiasts. twice a year I was annoyed to high heaven by the noise and congestion...but twice a year I suffered quietly.
The hill they climbed...was there. Who on Earth was I to begrudge them their (however annoying to me and loud as all get out) communion with nature?
No one. That's who. If I didn't like the environment I chose to live in...that was nobody's fault but my own. I even broke down and went to the events.
They were happy...so I enjoyed it for them.
(granted I don't know your background, but) I feel that you could at least offer the same consideration to your FELLOW climbers. Holy cow, woman. You sound like you don't even LIKE those you choose to recreate with. Climbers' advocate, much?
I haven't been a climber too terribly long, but I can say that in my year and a half...and several dozen trips, I've come to realize this much:I like climbers.
On the whole we're ethical, in touch with our surroundings, conscious (and considerate) of others...and know how to have a good time. While I'll agree that we're a huge bunch of port-a-potty slaughtering poop factories (we eat alot of granola)...I wouldn't have a problem with a miguel's opening up in MY backyard.
hell...if I had a crag and a few acres...I probably WOULD.
I mean...come on..how far does the sound of a 2am streaking carry, anyway?
and a picture of my ass:



(I deleted the rear and front views...too much for one day-and my pants)


and ^ this, folks...is why I decided to buy a bike. climbing works wonders for my (killer, if I do say so) arms and back...but doesn't do diddly-piss for the (yicky pooey icky gross blecht) ghetto booty and (newly acquired) love handles.



fuck. n. a.

why didn't somebody tell me I was so god-awful tubby???

I hate you all...

especially you, rose.

[/snarl]

9 comments:

Keith said...

I had to change my screen resolution to fit your ass shot...


...that, or you're high. Yours is a perfectly normal, far-from-ginormous ass. From here, at least.

Suki said...

I TOTALLY wish i was high.

and my butt was smaller :(

Keith said...

No high for you. High bad. Sober good. Mmmm'kay?

And the less you look at/focus on your
butt(e), the less apt you are to notice its huge-osity. It's the time-honored tradition of "if I don't look at it, maybe it'll cease to exist". Y'know: denial.

Chris Mayhew said...

Girl's gotta have curves, right? Otherwise you're just a boy.

samantha said...

stop it.

Suki said...

fret none.

this'll all be over in ~20-22 hours.

by then...I'll be bitching about cramps and wishing I had a winkie.

Keith said...

Yeah, Chris... a boy with a vagina.

They make those now, right?

Frank Brigandi said...

well try this on for size..
1.) riding will make your ass more tremendous in the tremendous sense of the word tremendous, ie; bigger harder and traffic stopping...
2.) the love handles will go away just ride your mountain bike as frequently as you enjoy.
3.) high and mountain bikes only should be mentioned if you're talking about a trip to colorado... otherwise, you'll do a top ten of hospital food fav's
4.) small asses are for 8 year olds. developed gluteus maximusses are like a winkie, they are a toy and a tool all in one.
5.) or, call russ meyer and make the best of it being a super vixen.

danger monkey said...

You do not have a big ass. Plus, would you rather have a flat ass?
Oh and the bike, yeah, it will help you tone that sucker, but it doesn't make it smaller. sorry :-)