Tuesday, April 24, 2007

doggie love



I've got two overly anxious pitbulls who've spent the last 25 hours in enforced inactivity. these dogs are rammy, yo.

anyone volunteering to give them a walking for the suki? I've got a three pound hunk of marble birthday cake (sans icing balloons. I ate those) with your name all over it for the first taker.

I'm. just. so. dog-gone (ha). tired.

yesterday was chaos. got up early to reassamble the house after my three week yicky green painting debacle...and WINTER. then it was run around shop time for party supplies and latin fiesta dress (ole'). then it was kid home scrambling to do her hair time. followed by the trying to buy alcohol with no license, no cash and your husband's debit card episode (speaking of which...anyone seen my wallet, lately???). directly to la fiesta for an hour and a half of UTTERLY HORRID fifth and sixth grade psuedo-salsa, a rather large but well voiced boriqua and an uber hottie flamenco dancer chica (I finally figure out what I wanna be when I grow up by the way...hot). then rushing home for the surprise 30th for miss michaela - who we happened to see on the way home and conveniently "pick up." good looking out on the sneakitay on the walkitie, eben!

party time. about ten peeps were here when we showed up and she MIGHT have been surprised if I wasn't so god awful fucking shady, every light in the house wasn't on, the balloons were readily visible through the sunroom windows, and several guests' cars weren't parked out front. all in all I'd call success, though. I mean, come on...she didn't know until we got to the house and that's saying SOMETHING (right?). unfortunately I had just had too long a day to even enjoy the party...but I did enjoy the spinach dip and about two too many drinks.

ugh. I had to get up this morning to *gasp* teach, again.

art aint hard. so I survived the relatively light day with only a minimum of "oh-dear-lording" and visited with some former students. they're still ree's. I'm still glad I don't teach them anymore. and, as usual, they offered me the position til the end of the year.

art aint hard. I'll take it.

so there you have it...29 days remaining in the school year and I'll be spending most of them pushing an art cart through an elementary school peddling my no-talent teaching wares.

I'm thinking maybe I should get a bell...or a whistle...

or maybe a mace.

I settled on a summer clothes shopping spree with the fam, netting us all at least three outfits, some italian ice and yet another late night. rushed the hub home to work, the kid home to homework and me home to SIT ON MY EXHAUSTED ASS for a few minutes before bed. wait.

I have to pack a lunch. NUTZ!

which leads me again, to my dogs. I was intending to walk their sad selves after blogging...but it looks like now I'll be cooking at 11pm, instead.

argh. but at least...

art aint hard.


(and I have a pretty new dress to wear tomorrow...assuming the dogs don't eat it)

3 comments:

Suki said...

my back is just so beastly strong from all those climbing muscles (yeah. riiight) that while picking something heavy up today...

I tore the sleeve on my pretty dress.

bummer :(

at least ten kids said "miss sooty/syuki/soony/etc, I like your dress!"

Frank Brigandi said...

I vote get a donkey to pull the cart. or rent a rottweiler or strap your pitbulls to the front and let them pull it around. PIt bulls are great pulling dogs. I've worn a dress with one sleeve before, but it doesn't count because I was in a glam badn at that time, and dressing like a transvestite was a requirement.

Suki said...

^ that doth a speechless suki make.

glam band?

wow.