Sunday, April 1, 2007

suki takes on stoney

I headed out for a day of "boy climbing" (note to readers: when someone says to you that an area is "hard," "tough" or "boy climbing"...don't go.) with the trad fellas ryan, the robber and andy and managed to escape the day with only the usual contusions.

*thank you, allah, for not breaking my ankle*







I was mortified. see...trad and I haven't really gotten along in the past. I've never placed gear...hell, I can't even tie a knot...and I've had more than my share of frustration removing gear. like...my first time out on slab, scared to dizeath with a notorious pink nut stuck for all its worth and me, almost literally, shitting my pants.

while I managed to avoid pooing in the panties this time out...I did, halfway through the day...

have to shit in the woods. (I'd like to take this opportunity to give a shout out to zip-loc bags, baby wipes, and old shoes.)






with some sound advice and stout encouragement from a life-long boyscout...I decided it was doo or die. I hiked off. being quite early in the season, I had some trouble finding the appropriate measure of ground cover...or any at all...and was, let's say...

less than secure.

long story short: I managed to NOT shit on the trail (its been done), only shit on myself a little, and squeak another few hours of hang time out without crying, whining, or otherwise imploding.


I'm a real climber, now.

1 comment:

Fizzow said...

You always have a way with words..n poo.