Tuesday, April 10, 2007

so who doesn't want to climb in a blizzard?

all told the weekend rocked. cold as panda balls, but the company was high quality, the scenery spectacular and the intentions good. had some mondo good (WARM) breakfasts a la Cathedral style. got my lead on (did my first 'big girl' 9). figured out the finer points of the beer belay (no climbers were injured in the making of this blog). met a gazillion dogs, only one of which was dead...and got some great shots.

enjoy. hike out of the lake mid-blizzard
cruxing like a mofo. THIS time...I didn't fall

mmm...beer.

the bozinator
^this guy^ is the coolest mofo on earth
boots. not HIS fault I threw my back
out bending over to pick him up
j-master 'warming' up for a ballsy trad lead
my tail






3 comments:

samantha said...

Cool photos. I've never been to New River Gorge. Congrats on the 9? Were you leading trad? I can't do it. I don't have the head for it.

Suki said...

airing out,

ooooooooh no! a 9 trad lead would've been stellar (I don't have trad zen, either). It was just a regular ol' sport lead. my third outdoor ever.

I was shooting for a 10, but wised up after a fall.

next time...next time, I tell ya!

you hear that? I think the New River Rendezvous is calling your name...

samantha said...

I have another commitment the weekend of the rendezvous. Some of my peeps will be there though.