Wednesday, April 25, 2007

what yo name?

my attempt at teaching art today:


-came into classroom
-yelled at kids (yak)
-introduced myself
-yak
-explained that trees do NOT look like this----->
-yak, yak, yak
-took kids outside
-yak ^nth power
-brought kids in
-yak
-went to new classroom


rinse. repeat.


upon entering my last class of the day (that would be the SEVENTH bunch of monkeys I had to teach) I heard: yo, what yo name?


yeah, so we had a five minute lesson concerning the appropriate way to greet, introduce yourself to and say hello to someone. I made them all turn to their neighbors, stick out their grimy lil' paws and say:


"Hi, my name is (snotty lil kid name). And you are?"


then...I made them spend ten minutes cleaning up their classroom.


if I teach them ONE lesson during a (long, long) day...I'd like it to be something they can use to stay out of prison (ok. at least SOME of them, anyway)...and learning to not shout out


WHAT YO NAME, NIGGA???


might be just that.


fucking hoodlums (and by hoodlums...I'm, of course, referring to their stupid parents).

1 comment:

Frank Brigandi said...

parents.. that's what;s wrong with kids these days, arrgghh..
I neglected to mention in my sit down to pee post that the toilet water was cold.......