Wednesday, October 10, 2007

ella no espanol

seriously...

I've gotta learn spanish.

I'm currently functioning as an ELA Resource Room teacher (ie. traveling bi-lingual tutor) at an urban elementary school....and am getting my ass handed to me.

a 45lb peanut looked at me in earnest yesterday and said with an accusing look, "ella no espanol."

she was mad. she was trying her damnest to tell me something. probably the equivalent of "miss. I like your shoes" when she realized...

I wasn't catching a lick of it.

I was fortunate enough to have two six year old "translators" to help me muddle through the madness. I told them to tell the class that by no means was I going to attempt to teach them enlgish...

they were, instead, going to teach me spanish.

yeah. they taught me spanish alright.

I can now tell your mother to tie my shoes and your daddy to kiss my *@%#@.


dolls. absolute dolls.

I'm sooo gonna learn this language and teach them a thing or two....



hopefully addition and phonics.

2 comments:

forty f15teen said...

¿Quién quisiera montar el bigote?

Suki said...

"¿Quién quisiera montar el bigote?"


why, yes.

I would love to mount your mustache.