Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I thoroughly dislike children today

prescription: alcohol

I'm in yet another learning support classroom (that seems to be all this district has) today. 1st and 2nd graders...

and I don' t like them very much just now.

I think it has something to do with the disorganized state the room was in when I got here. "Oh! You mean I DO have a sub??? I guess I better bring the kids back." they had been split between multiple classrooms. some had eaten. some hadn't. most missed their speech/english language learner support teachers. they arrived at different times...

and all of them had to pee.

add to that mixture a classroom assistant with ZERO desire to be here (I think she was looking forward to the afternoon off until I got here)....and you've got yourself one unruly bunch of monkies.

a class like this coming on the heels of yesterday's debacle (they pulled the bait and switch on me. brought me in for one class then pawned the small headed and large fisted ree's on me) leads me to several conclusions.

1. I like chocolate (ok. I knew that already, but whatev. its my blog. shut yer pieholes).
2. I need a day off.
3. I want a cosmo.
4. Hitting is NEVER ok (I knew that one, too. I'm just reaffirming)

all that being said...tomorrow I'm starting my longest stretch of full time days yet this year.

I sho hope I don't kill me no childrenz.

4 comments:

samantha said...

I don't like children much ever... except when they are smiling and good. When they turn bad, I give them back.

Suki said...

my students...

NEVER smiling and good.

occassionally cute and naughty...

but never smiling and good.

Kevin said...

Sudoku, I only like one child. My own!

K-Rad!

Anonymous said...

Bring in some DEET, and threaten with airborne cancer unless they behave. Potential negative side effect of said solution? Yeah, lice won't stay on their heads.