Tuesday, October 30, 2007

hand sanitizer...

and other random thoughts on my 20 minute break.

I work with children. day, night, weekends. all sorts of them. little ones, slightly less little ones, smart ones, smart ass ones, bad ass ones, big ass ones.

all of them...have runny noses. hand sanitizer and I have become uber well acquainted as of late. I smell like a hospital and say 3,978 times a day, "GET YOUR HANDS OUT OF YOUR MOUTH OR MISS SUKI'S GONNA CUT YOUR FINGERS OFF!!!"

I lectured them on MRSA, chickenpox (both confirmed in my district), pinworm, blood butt, and snot noses. I've instituted a strict WASH YOUR CRUDDY HANDS every time you need a tissue policy...

and I've taught them to do so whilst minimizing water consumption.

I also told them that I ride my bike to help the enviroment. they didn't get it. I'm cancelling math (think the school board'll mind??? hehehe) and instead schooling them on the hideousnesses (<---thats a word. I said so) of a petroleum based economy...and taking them to a farm tomorrow to get dirty.

how lucky am I? I get to sub for a field trip.

can I get a woot?

can I also get gay men to stop hitting on my man?

excuse me, sir. yes, I KNOW he's cute...but he isn't a cock smoker. kindly get your hand off his ass.

thank you.

yesterday (I told you this would be random) the O and I had to bail on a night of climbing with some of my favorite peeps. we both just had SOOOO much work to do. I have a ginormous meeting this afternoon for one of my shelter kids. seems the little whackjob has taken to kicking pregnant teachers, asking other students to suck his dick, beating the hell out of anyone in sight...

and he's only six.

this is a mixed bag for me. I HATE that this kid has so many hurdles to overcome...but I actually like the feeling that I'm being useful. benevolent, my ass. apparently, I'm in this for the cozies I get when I help someone out.

suki is selfish.

I get the call outlining his recent transgressions and am asked when I'm available to pow wow. ummm...never. I'm working my ass off, but...ok. tomorrow? I made a few suggestions, expanded the invite list, leveraged a few contacts...

and now a dozen women will meet this afternoon to discuss how to keep this kid out of prison.

the good news...I have a feeling I'll be the one with the greatest number of suggestions on how to get this done. I'm good at that. I can coordinate resources, plan a course of action, tell everyone what they need to hear to get motivated...

then run out the door b/c I'm late for something else.

ha, bitches! pay ME $11/hour for three million dollars worth of stress and you'll get what you pay for...

delegation.

woot.

I decided on this morning's ride to work:

-my very first cold weather riding gear purchase is going to be full finger gloves. oww.
-I'm never taking teacher's manuals home again. they're heavy
-helmet hair suits me
-nothing works up a good morning poo like a ride through the museum gardens

in other (other other) news...oqui surprised me the other night with an inspirational note. the card pictured a little girl leaning against a boulder appearing as though she's holding it up.

I love this man.

he also bought me nutty buddies and a bottle of wine.

I really love this man.


TONIGHT....I make lasagna.

1 comment:

Suki said...

I'd also like to add:

contrary to popular assertion- tucking your pants into trouser socks DOES, indeed, make you...

hella cool.