Thursday, January 24, 2008

chugging along, picking away at it


yesterday saw the completion of the please-oh-please-please-please. please. letter to Lowe's. I tugged heart strings, jerked tears and included photographic illustration of how yicky-poo-poo the damage really was.

rotten suggested I include a picture of my cooter (couldn't hurt, right?). After much debate, however...I abstained.

my BIN's next door neighbor and friend just so happens to own a framing and remodeling business and is donating a tremendous amount of his time for estimates, labor, scheduling and clean up. he also set the stage for the Lowe's donation and his wife is organizing fundraisers through her job and elsewhere.

awesome people.

my mother, shifty as she is, has found a way to accept cash donations with matching that will be both tax free for my BIN and tax deductible for the contributor. the council is voting on it next thursday at their monthly meeting after which point I will be able to provide an address and fund name for those of you who have already (thank you) asked how to help.

if a tax break isn't a big deal for you, we are also asking for gift cards in the meantime. we've taken the girls shopping a few times...but they literally lost everything (this may not be a COMPLETELY awful thing...because at least now I can veto retarded clothes choices. say GOODBYE to eight foot long black and red pleather pants with 47 chains on them, m'dears!).

My nieces actually HAD ^ these pants



anyone who's interested can e-mail me at: hookABinUp@gmail.com




now for some funny antecdotes:





-we realized last night that the niece staying with me has been sharing my daughter's toothbrush. eww

-while my mother took my older niece shopping, I went with the younger one. at different malls, they both bought exactly the same shoes.

-I have an extra kid to wipe the counters...and this one uses cleanser.

-a lady came to my house last night wearing a wig
-while waiting in line at the one hour photo place...I saw the salesgirl forced to open a package of batteries AND the back of the customer's camera because her gawdy awful nails rendered her disabled

-and the good news, I suppose, is that I won't be throwing away any uneaten food any time soon

No comments: