Tuesday, January 29, 2008

fuck you.

My sentiments summed up quite nicely, albeit, inappropriately by a 3rd grader today in class.

Ms. Suki agrees.

-Fuck you, alarm clock, for waking me up.
-Fuck you, cold and dreary winter weather, for making me want to curl back up under the blankets.
-Fuck you, 3rd grader, for disrespecting an authority figure.
-Fuck you even harder for saying it to me.
-Fuck your parents or guardians for dropping the ball on raising a socially intelligent child.
-Fuck you, school administration, that sits on your hands and does nothing to make a difference.
-Fuck you, vice principal, that decides the best reinforcement for the child is to send his ass right back into class without consequence.
-Fuck you, greater school district inhabitants, for letting this behavior become the normal acceptable standard for your society.
-Fuck you, local government, for seeing the problems and applying Band-Aids to the issue rather than dealing with the root problem.
-Fuck you State of Pennsylvania.



I should add, however, that after publicly BLASTING this particular VP he redeemed himself by agreeing to suspend the little focker tomorrow (whoops. muh bad).

I've decided to write him a thank you note, which of course, will be a (very) thinly veiled set of principles to apply to future situations.

I mean...s'cool the little summabisch is getting punished...

but it would've been a much nicer scene had the VP actually SHOWN up when I called. DIDN'T send the wanker back to class without a word and hadn't ignored my concerns before.

teachers are being expected to work miracles with retards.

full. inclusion. sucks. anus.

in any given class of 20 (or 33) there are now at least 5 who are, for lack of better phrasing...

complete fucking douchebags.

I don't mean dumb. of course, there are the dumbies. every box o' crayons has a couple of mud brown dullards...they usually don't cause any trouble if you give them some fascinating paste to eat.

I'm referring to the pre-criminals.


they're sent back into regular education classrooms under the premise that their behavior/disability/general fuckupedness will improve under the influence of their peers.

ha. fucking. ha. ha. ha.

instead every OTHER child (and teacher) in the room suffers because a couple of boneheads have NO emotional control, NO social skills, NO ability to reason, NO self-discipline and NO fear of (non-existant) consequences. to top that all off...

the administrations are fat, dumb and lazy.

they wash their hands of the matter and pressure the teachers to do magic.

"can't you just handle this yourself?"

no, motherfucker. I'm not allowed to backhand him.


they ignore concerns until they escalate into tragedies and even then only deal with them peripherally or with incompetence befitting one of the paste eaters.

I strongly dislike them (I decided by the slimmest of margins not to use the word "hate" here).

I would LOVE to have some means to evaluate THEIR performance.


well, hello mr. VP...how is YOUR report card?


oh? horrendous?



...imagine that.


and while I'm typing of performance evaluations...can I tell you about the sheet the classroom teachers I cover for use to grade MY performance???


lame. o.

did I leave their supplies where I found them? ha! could I even find them to begin with?
did I follow their plans? did you even LEAVE any? and if you did...could I read them?
did I take attendance?
did I brush my teeth, jump thrice and spin in a circle and most importantly...did I kiss your principal's ass?

not one single measure on that evaluation form had ANYTHING to do with teaching. I propose that the students evaluate me.

they know whether or not I tried to teach them something.


and I can guarantee...no matter how awful a classroom is organized or how terrible a set of plans are. no matter how many children are calling me a dirty fish bitch and trying to bite me...

I ALWAYS try to teach them something.






.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really you've got two posts in one there Kitten. Although I think expansion of the first is what I had in mind.

The second half, continues to get me angry, although what you should know, is that while you may leave the day thinking that you didn't get through to these kids, you did. It may be some small insignificant anectdote, or possible the theory of relativity, regardless, your mere presence, has a direct effect on them. A positive one at that. Which, considering how you've described these kids and there upbringing, is exactly what they need.

PLus, when the future convict decides to go postal and has his emo-trench coat list of people to shoot, you'll be in the clear.

Darling And So Charming said...

Err. I would go nuts trying to work with all that mamby pamby (word? No? oh well..) b.s. with the VP.

And what in sam hell does 'dirty fish bitch' even MEAN, anyway? Those brats!