Wednesday, January 2, 2008

prison hours are from 8:05am to 3:00pm

I still feel sicky sick. sick.

I'm not having any trouble keeping food down, but everytime I eat I'm in excruciating pain.

not fun.

I also have a ginormous, mondo headache that makes me curious. I'm hydrated, don't have a fever and didn't do anything to piss off the evil skull stomping monkies that live in my closet...

so I say: yo, dome! what up wit da headache, foo?


in other occurrences:

I was duped. A few weeks ago I accepted an assignment to teach "6th grade social studies/science" for the entire month of January. I was kinda stoked about it. did some talking to the kid, neighbors' kids, former students, etc about how to be a super awesome 6th grade teacher (previously I had only been minorly awesome).

I called the school to ask what the sitch was. was told that they had had subs for the entirety of the year so far for that "classroom", so I said, "oh. I guess I better come up with some lesson plans." I gave my number and was told that the principal would give me a call with the scoop.

no call.

whatevs. I figured the guy was busy so I went about my merry vacation preparing emotionally for "6th grade social studies/science." I wrote out plans for a month long project and was getting all excited about strategies, games, classroom management and other cool stuff.

soooo excited, in fact, that I couldn't sleep last night. which MIGHT explain why I flipped my fucking top when I got there today and found out...



...wait for it.


...wait for it.


...wait for it.


that the "teacher" I was covering for was really fucking TPC.

T-temporary
P-placement
C-center

ie. in school, all day, detention-prison.

oh no. he didn't.


I railed them. they mislead me, brought me there under false pretenses and wasted my fucking time.

mad.

disappointed.

extremely verbal.

I didn't say a word that was unprofessional, but I verbally tanned the hides of both principal and vice-principal, telling them that they should have more respect for substitute teachers. I told them that what they did (LYING about the assignment) was unprofessional and the fact that they never returned my call initially further supported the (awful) fact that they were being deceitful and sneaky.

I chewed them out. I shamed them. I told them there wasn't a chance in hades I was staying. I said that I wanted a CLASSROOM with STUDENTS. that I want to TEACH. I told them that no amount of money was worth sitting alone in a room all day and that I'd NEVER return to their school.

then I told them how I really felt.

I called human resources and told her to take me off the assignment immediately. I walked out and am still looking for JUST the right person to write my strongly worded letter to.

how dare they? how dare they LIE???? they could have at least had the decency to tell me the truth prior to vacation to save me all my planning efforts.

this kind of obnoxious behavior...TRICKING people into shitty assignments is precisely why nobody respects their asses. PARTICULARLY me.

there was good news, though. walking out on those punks allowed me the opportunity to go to uncle walter's funeral and give me some perspective (another blog, for sure. this one's too angry hahahahahah). the other good news is that when the assignment was reposted on the system...

it was done so correctly.

now whoever has the misfortune of showing up to work with those fat buffoons at least knows what they're getting into.

and if that wasn't ENOUGH good news...by giving this (ass) assignment up...I was able to take a couple of others where I already know the kids and like the school administrators.


all in all...I'd like to thank the lying, conniving, miserable fucks (they didn't apologize once. if they had just apologized...I could put down my angry pen and spare them some professional embarassment).

for giving me some perspective...

and another day off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep tellin it like it is~!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin said...

Who do these people think they're dealing with???
They better prepare their shops to be wrecked!
I got yer back if needed...