Tuesday, May 29, 2007

eff you, exxon

I rode my bike to work today...and then home, again.

the "there" part was relatively straight forward and fairly painless...

the getting home, however, made a suki hurt.

can I get an "ow?"

it's a little under four miles through the city (ghetto, actually). uphill. both ways. through the snow. with no shoes....and only one tire.

or at least that's how it felt
hehehe

I actually didn't run into any problems other than me having squishy useless rock-climbing legs, and the occassional left turn.

how DO you manage those, anyway? I almost got squished twice today...both during the perpetration, planning and execution of a left turn.

I think I'm gonna wear a big sign on my near-ass

"most likely turning left. don't kill me...jackass"

so I had REALLY bad helmet hair all day, smelled just a wee little of sweaty saddle crotch and limped a bit on the stairs.

awesome.

4 comments:

forty f15teen said...

in some parts of the world, people pay for a whiff of sweaty saddle crotch.

Frank Brigandi said...

"ow"
helmet head is cool, get used to it. try "rite aid brand a&d ointment for the saddle issue, it helps to keep you from chaffing and has a nice pleasant odor.. I swear by it and have been using iot since the 1970's.

davidarmor said...

Is this the same bike you purchased on Wednesday May 16th, 2007? The 16" mens mountain bike?

I did some searching on eBay and it turns out you can purchase second hand seats for various brands of bicycles. In one of the sellers' profiles it says they live in a nudist colony.

True story. If you believe lies, that is.

Glad to see you're doing your part in the fight against global warming. But if you want to be a true hippy, cut back on the swearing whilst dragging your sorry butt up those big hills because noise pollution kills cute little puppies.

Suki said...

the puppies must die, then...