Thursday, May 10, 2007

it only hurts because its true

matty says that he and I used to climb at the same level. fall off the same routes at the same spots...and he's right. we USED to. he's now climbing well above my level...and I'm climbing well below my peak.

mark pointed out that I'm not working as hard as I used to. julie said I wear myself down. others say...it just takes time.

what's the deal? do I work harder? take more rest? train less/more/smarter?

I know I'm coming off of an illness...but do I start pushing again? take it easy?

what kind of an athlete am I?

...and what is my body actually capable of?

I've been feeling strong on boulder problems lately. not actually sending anything...but sticking moves and FEELING tight. routes? leading? forgeddaboudit. I'm either too scared, or just so lacking endurance that I can't even push myself through a prg 11 (which is more like a 9).

I've gotta find my groove.


...really.

No comments: